Nature Inspired Arts, Crafts, and Functional Objects for 2020 Online Holiday Market
Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods is looking for Artists and Artisans to sell their work at our 4th annual Nature-Inspired Holiday Market. This is a 9 day long online market. Items may include but are not limited to: fine art prints or small original artwork, notecards, jewelry and personal accessories, functional objects for the home or garden, decorative items, toys, ornaments and holiday related decorations and items. ALL ART MUST IN SOME WAY BE RELATED TO NATURE (subject matter, materials used, function, etc.), but we encourage a wide variety of styles, media and interpretations of that theme. Sold items may either be shipped directly from the artists to the customers, or may be dropped off at Brushwood Center for contact-less pickup by the customers.
APPLICATION LINK (Deadline November 1)
Additional Information & Requirements:
- Photos: Artists must be prepared to submit at least one good quality photograph of EVERY item you are offering for sale. We will provide photo guidelines such as size and resolution at a later date. In some cases, items with multiple options (like individual cards with different designs) may be shown in a group photo.
- Item information: For every unique item, we also will need titles, descriptions, measurements, price and delivery/pickup options (see below). Accepted artists will be provided with a link to a Google doc to enter their information, which must be completed no later than November 15.
- Delivery Options: For each piece, there are two options for delivery to customers – artists shipping directly to customers, or customers picking up items at Brushwood. It is your choice which of these options to offer, and you may choose differently for each item you sell. Refer to the Order Fulfillment Options document for full details on how this will all work and what would be expected in each case.
- Fees: As in past years, artists may choose between paying a $30 entry fee or signing up to volunteer for one shift during the sale. In addition to the entry fee, Brushwood Center will keep 25% of sales, not including any money collected for taxes or shipping fees, which will be passed on to artists.
- Volunteering: Even though we this will not be an “in person” sale, customers will still have the option to pick up many of their purchased items from Brushwood. Because of this, we will still have volunteer opportunities available. We will be looking for one morning and one afternoon volunteer on each day of the sale as well as a few days before and after the sale to help pull orders and deliver them to people’s cars. A schedule will be created at a later date for those who are able to volunteer.
Submission Deadline: November 1, 2020 –Application link
Artist Notification: No later than November 2, 2020
Full Information Deadline: Photos, Titles/Descriptions, Measurements, Fulfillment choices must be completed no later than November 15, 2020.
Drop off of items for sale (for Pick up only option): by appt., between November 21 and 25.
Sale: November 27 – December 6, 2020
Pickup of unsold items (if applicable): by appt., between December 7 and 11.
Located among pristine woodlands in the Ryerson historic home in Riverwoods, Il.,Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods promotes the importance of nature for nurturing personal and community wellbeing, cultivating creativity, and inspiring learning. In doing so, we honor the legacy of those who came before us on this land and champion a region where people will care about and for nature.