Support Brushwood Center’s COVID-19 Response
Nature and the arts have never been more important for our physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, Brushwood Center is providing vital programs for the health of people and nature. We continue to serve military veterans, seniors, low-income families and children, artists, as well as our broader community, and are adapting our approach to meet the most urgent needs.
In response, Brushwood Center has launched the following efforts, to serve our community in the most timely, relevant, and accessible ways possible, including:
- Our Cloth Face Mask Drive, providing much needed masks to healthcare providers, homeless shelters, veteran organizations, and senior care facilities in Lake and Cook Counties.
- At Ease Online, our art and nature program for military veterans and families, available at no charge every Friday.
- Stay-at-Home science and education activities in English and Spanish for students to learn about nature from their own home.
- Mindfulness activities created with nature inspiration, from our Brushwood Breath video series to onsite prompts and labyrinth at Brushwood Center.
- Artist Spotlights that highlight environmental artists and ways to support artists during this financially challenging time.
- Educational opportunities for all ages including information-rich newsletters for senior living facilities and the Healthy Happy Hour series.
- A national survey in collaboration with Northwestern University and partners to identify the impact of access to nature on health and wellbeing during COVID-19.
Our artists, volunteers, partners and supporters are jumping in and contributing in new and creative ways that we would have never anticipated just weeks ago. The Brushwood building and our typical programs may be closed, but our mission has never been more critical.
Please donate to support these programs:
Donate by mail:
Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods
21850 N. Riverwoods Road
Riverwoods, IL 60015
Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Please check with your individual tax adviser for details. Members receive perks such as discounts on program fees and invitations to special member only events for one year from the date of their donation.
Want to give a gift membership to a friend or loved one? Simply add their name and address to the “Donation Dedication” section of the online form, or send a note in with your check. We will notify them by mail that a gift donation has been made.
Other Ways to Give
Make a Bequest
A gift to Brushwood Center through your will or living trust allows you to make a meaningful contribution that supports Brushwood Center’s efforts far into the future, yet costs you nothing today. See below for contact info.
Make a donation of stock, securities, or property
If you have investments that you’re thinking about divesting, consider using some to connect people with nature by donating them to Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods. Gifts of appreciated stocks, bonds, or other securities can offer financial advantages in the form of a tax deduction and savings on capital gains taxes. See below for contact info.
Donate an amount from your IRA
If you are 70½ or over, you might consider making a charitable donation to Brushwood Center directly from your IRA. Required annual distributions from your IRAs can be directly contributed to charitable organizations as tax-free donations.
For more information on these methods of donation, please contact Julia Kemerer at 224.633.2426 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.